INTRODUCTION TO CONTAINERS, KUBERNETES, AND REDHAT
Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment
on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing
containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat®
OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat®
Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple
software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat
OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous
deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and
deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration
platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
COURSE CONTENT SUMMARY
- Understand container, Docker and Red Hat OpenShift
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies